Derived from ancient sea beds, Himalayan salt is believed to be the purest form of salt available. Our team loves Himalayan salt so much that it’s the inspiration for our name. We cook with it, we use it in our homes, and even use it in the bath. Himalayan salt is known for its therapeutic properties – if you aren’t on the Himalayan salt train, get on board!
1. Himalayan salt’s pink hue comes from its rich mineral and iron content.
2. Unlike table salt which is highly refined and has had most of its trace minerals removed, Himalayan salt is packed with 84 minerals that are easily absorbed into the body.
3. Since Himalayan salt is mined and does not come directly from the sea, it actually helps to hydrate our tissues. When consumed on an empty stomach, it is directly absorbed and can have an immediate beneficial effect on our blood health, stimulating our red blood cells.
4. Himalayan salt may eliminate harmful bacteria and toxins from the body. When added to drinking water or bath water, it can provide relaxation and detoxification.
5. Himalayan salt lamps are believed to purify air by attracting water molecules and absorbing any foreign particles that may be in the air. This is especially useful for people who suffer from allergy or asthma symptoms.
6. Himalayan salt lamps generate negative ions, which is believed to naturally enhance mood and treat seasonal affective disorder.
P.S. Himalayan salt has many benefits. How can you incorporate it into your daily life?